Join our Family
Community Roots is a 501(c)3, run by volunteers with the help of donations from people like you. Every contribution helps us get a step closer to a healthy planet and thriving local, sustainable communities.
Volunteer Working Groups
Our community led, volunteer working groups meet each week to help move us towards a sustainable and just future. Contact us if you would like to join any of these groups. You are welcome to come to a meeting and check it out before deciding:
- Nonviolent Direct Action Team: We plan and implement NVDAs to further the cause.
- Community Bill of Rights Team: We’re working on passing the Climate Bill of Rights in Asheville, NC, and gathering legal support for our team involved in nonviolent direct actions.
- Outreach Team: Our role is to connect with a diverse range of community members, individuals, nonprofits and businesses to educate about Community Rights and renewable energy.
- Marketing Team: We help get the word out there through the website, social media and multi-media channels.
- Art and Music Team: We use art and performance to engage people in helping to make the world we all want.
- Fundraising Team: Rolling out Project100 in North Carolina and beyond.